Wednesday 18 July 2012

10 Questions for A Me B

A Me B has been writing and producing her own music since the age of 12. By the age of 16 she had started playing live and is now due to play her first major festival.
Her musical style is distinctive and engaging, incorporating deftly delivered rhymes and catchy hooks for an edgy commercial sound which is hard to resist.

Championed by 'BBC Introducting' A Me B (real name Amy Burns) recently headlined the monthly
'BBC Introducing night' in Manchester. Amy has already found her music being played on a number of local radio stations and was also invited to attend the BBC Masterclass and sing accapalla in front of Tom Robinson.


At the end of the month Amy plays the 'Kendal Calling' festival in the Lake District. I caught up with Amy recently to ask her about her inspirations, thoughts on the festival and what the future holds.

What inspired you to get into music?
The main inspiration for my music is mainly life, people , experiences and thoughts. I knew wanted to do music from an early age and I love artists such as Ellie Goulding, Lana Del Ray, Jessie J, Michael Jackson, Devlin and loads more.

What was the last gig you played and how was it?
The last gig was at Warrington Music Festival and it went down well. I always enjoy performing and love interacting with the crowd and giving energy on stage.

Are you looking forward to Kendal calling?
I can't wait for it, it's going to be one of first proper festivals I've been to as well so I'm looking forward to the experience and performing.

Is there anyone else on the bill you would like to see?
Yes! I can't wait to watch Dizzee Rascal , I've seen him perform before and he's great. I'm also looking forward to seeing Ms Dynamite too!

Are you camping at the festival?
I think we will be yes as it will be more fun.

Have you played many festivals before and any that stand out?
The only other main festival I've performed at is the Beat Herder Festival which I really enjoyed. Other festivals have mainly been local such as Warrington , Manchester , Preston etc.

What's your top survival tip for a festival?
Erm , well as I've never been before I can only have a guess haha! I would probably say to have wellies lol!

Any more festival dates planned for this year?
I have another festival in August in Bury called Glaston-Bury Festival. I have quite a few gigs before then too, my next one is at Pacific Edge in London 21st July  (which is free entry), then on the 29th July I'm at Party In The Park in Wythenshawe.

What does the future hold for A Me B?
I'm not going to say too much yet but I have a lot in the pipeline at the moment :D. Expect a lot of new material and some big gigs on the way!

Where can we find A Me B's music?
You can find my music on my website: www.ameb.co.uk
Facebook: /amebofficial
Twitter: @ameb1
Youtube: ameb100

Kendal Calling runs from the 27-29 July 2012, Lowther Deer Park Cumbria. A Me B will be playing the Songsmith Solar Stage on Friday.

You can also catch A ME B at:
21 Jul 2012 - Pacific Edge - London
29 Jul 2012 - Party In The Park - Wythenshawe
27 Aug 2012 -Glaston-Bury -Bury




No comments:

Post a Comment